AN overloaded power board has been blamed for a house fire in Hamilton.
Nanjing Night Net

The weatherboard house, in Mount Baimbridge Road, suffered significant structural damage after fire engulfed the house on Tuesday morning.

Warrnambool CFA operations officer Henry Barton said the fire was a good opportunity to remind the community of the need for circuit breakers.

“Especially now days when there are so many pieces of equipment powered by electricity,” he said.

“This house had a number of double adaptors on the power board and they’re not meant for that.

“Unfortunately it’s caused a significant fire and loss of contents.”

On Tuesday the owner of the house, a man aged in his 50s, returned home to find the house on fire.

Mr Barton said it took fire crews from Hamilton and Warrnambool about 40 minutes to bring the fire under control.

This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on Nanjing Night Net.